How long do we have to wait for the ground to settle before we can have our memorial fitted?
For cremation tablets, no ground settlement time is required. Cremation tablets can therefore be placed on your loved ones resting place immediately following the burial of their ashes. For headstones and kerb sets however, a settlement time is required. For most churchyards and cemeteries, a period of at least six months settlement is required from the time the burial has taken place, before a memorial can be fitted.
For some cemeteries, this settlement period can be as long as 12 months. Memory Lane Memorials has excellent knowledge of and a close working relationship with all of the local churches and cemeteries. We are familiar with all of their varied regulations and can advise you of their individual needs regarding ground settlement.
- We want a memorial for our loved one, but how do we decide which one would be right?
- How long do we have to wait for the ground to settle before we can have our memorial fitted?
- How do we know what type of monument will be accepted in a particular churchyard or cemetery?
- How much will our memorial cost?
- How long will it take you to supply/fit our chosen monument?
- How and when do we pay for our memorial?
- We already have family graves and we want to match an existing headstone, can this be done?
- We have an existing family headstone, but we want to change the wording on the stone, can this be done?
- We have a family grave which is old and the memorial is now showing its age, can anything be done?
- Who in the family can apply to have a memorial placed on a grave?